Little Bites: 03/08/12
Share with others:
Food News & Events
• Wigle Whiskey, Strip District, will start selling white whiskey to the public from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday. It plans to be open for sampling and on-site sales from 4:30 to 7 p.m. weekdays and noon to 5 p.m. weekends. Tours are by reservation only. It has also begun offering a monthly cocktail class; wiglewhiskey.com.
• Hyeholde, Moon, is celebrating its 75 anniversary with special events throughout the year, starting with a fondue night at 6 p.m. March 16. The evening will include different fondues, a wine tasting and a cash bar; $28 per person, including wine tasting; hyeholde.com, 412-264-3116.
• The Bigelow Grille, Downtown, is holding a four-course beer dinner with Troegs Brewing Co. of Harrisburg at 6 p.m. March 21; $45 per person, reservations required; bigelowgrille.com, 412-281-5013.
• Ruth's Chris Steak House, Downtown, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, is offering a prime rib special on Sundays for a limited time -- 14 ounces for $36.95. Call ahead to reserve a specific cut; www.ruthschris.com, 412-391-4800.
Wine/Dine for a Cause
• The 17th annual Empty Bowls dinner, which benefits the Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and Just Harvest, will take place from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Rodef Shalom Congregation, Shadyside. Ticketholders can choose a hand-made ceramic bowl from more than 1,200 on display, then enjoy soup and bread donated by local businesses. Larry Berger from Saturday Light Brigade Radio will act as host, and the event also will include a strolling magician and children's activities; tickets are $20 per person; www.pittsburghfoodbank.org, 412-431-8960.
• Arpino Trattoria, Scott, is holding a wine tasting at 6 p.m. March 19 to benefit the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association. The evening will include four wines selected and presented by an expert from Dreadnought Wines, Strip District, and paired with appetizers and cookies from the Arpino Trattoria kitchen; $75 per person, reservations required; 412-207-2765.
First Published 2012-03-07 23:23:56